Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fried Flowers?

I have to admit, I was pretty excited when I looked in my email to see a message, that herb fairies was coming back! We didn't sign up last year, but this year... I am pretty sure that we most certainly will!

John from www.learningherbs.com and www.herbfairies.com has been sending out recipes and coloring pages as a treat for the upcoming release of the Herb Fairies. Littlest Munchkin and I have been having a blast!

So while I have my fave flowers, that our normal like everyone else.


 

 
I also, really, LOVE, DANDELIONS...... GASP!!!!!!!!! Oh but it is true! I have loved them since I was a child. Those and buttercups and the wild scallions too!
 
Yesterday though, was the first time I had COOKED one...and ate it..... and it was.....Good!
 
When Littlest Munchkin got home from school, we started by picking a handful of dandelions from the yard. Which if you would stop killing in your yard every year, you could do too. Then you could eat them, make cool little flower crowns with them and when they go to seed you can blow them all over while making wishes! Then, maybe, you could be cool like us :)
 
Back to business.
We brought them in thouse washed them up.
 
 
This is pre fried!
Are they not beautiful!?
 
If you too want to fry up some flowers, go to www.herbfairies.com to get the recipe.
 
P.S. I would have shown you the picture of the completed recipe but my pic came out lousy.
P.S.S. The whole thing was really easy and took very little time.
P.S.S.S  :)  Please people, do not eat pesticide laden flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment