Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What do you get for $2.98

About a month ago I picked up a little 8oz paint sample of Valspar Sweet Mint paint from Lowes. It's purpose was to paint some terra cotta pots for my Swedish ivy that I rooted.

Well I painted 3 of those pots. I love them and adore this Sweet Mint Color.






In the mean time, I had now painted two of my bottom kitchen cabinets twice. Neither time happy with the color. I was a bit.... irritated.

The other day I was admiring the Sweet Mint pot with the yellow of my kitchen. As you can imagine that sent off a blinding bright light from my head!

Well I took that $2.98 8 oz Sweet Mint paint and slapped it on those cabinets and guess what? I am swooning!!!!!! I just love it! I just need my black and white flooring and butcher block counter tops now!

 

The hubby and I discussed it the other day and I am going to paint the other sides bottom cabinets this color as well. Right now those are Annie Sloan Old White (as are the top cabinets on both sides) and I like it. However, with kids and pets, those bottom cabinets need washing down a lot. I figure the Sweet Mint may not look so abused, so quickly.

I am currently also working on another project I will share soon, that is using the same $2.98 8 oz paint sample of Sweet Mint... I still have some left too. Although, I will probably need another for the rest of the bottom cabinets. 

The best $2.98 I have spent in A LONG TIME!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment