Friday, April 5, 2013

Nature Table

                 I am in full Spring mode! It is the season of revival and fresh spirits!

However, since it was raining yesterday, I had to satisfy my outdoor spirit online. While searching all things nature like, I stumbled upon this great website,  http://handbookofnaturestudy.blogspot.com/ . She has some really great stuff on here! By the time I was done perusing through her site, I had some great ideas!

I started meandering through the house.... I knew we had STUFF! Very quickly I was able, to put together a nature table. I was hopeful that when the Littlest Munchkin got home, she would think       I was FANTASTIC it was FANTASTIC and go outside to collect treasure to finish the table.


 I of course was correct! It had pretty much stopped raining when she got home and she LOVED the table! She was ready to treasure hunt!

 
When she cam back in she had found, the requested feather (is it cheating if it came from our chickens?? Pfffff, I think not!), some fungi, bark, and lichen.
 
She is a great explorer!
 
We also have a bird tracking system at the table. As in a paper with tallys and a pencil :) I will let you know next week what we have tracked!

No comments:

Post a Comment